Thursday, July 15, 2010

Color recognition

Iam color blind .- Hmmm not completely ! .... Well atleast I dont have the sense of color ! ( Wait ... let me not be so harsh on myself ... I dont have the dressnig sense .... hmmm or a little milder would be My sense of fashion is weird .. !
Well maybe its because I cannot recognize different shades of color ? Here is a little experimental thought ....

  • You are shown one particular shade of brown .... for maybe 5 seconds .. ( CONTROL sample )
  • And then .... you are shown a palette of different shades of brown ( POPULATION sample )..... and asked to choose from it , the shade just saw ....
  • Can you pick the right shade ?? How much of a deviation would you cause ?
After thought : I found this task difficult with both CONTROL and POPULATION , both shown to the subject ! Now I can imagine how difficult it would be if the control sample is not shown ! Phew !

Future actions :
  • Build a small software and test it on different gender and age group .
  • Show the gradient ! Ask them to choose from it.
  • Now lets make the steps a little more difficult ... We donot give it as a gradient .. but a random scatter of shades ! ( whoa ! I know thats difficult )

I had this idea with the octaves - ( hmm ... the sounds .... do , re, me ...ring a bell ? ) . More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment