Sunday, July 11, 2010

How would it be .... to be old ?

Very similar to an old idea that I had ... which I called 'Future on a napkin' ... But this is much personal ! I have started imagining how would it be ... 10 years from now ... and 20 years from now .
Well ...on one hand it is interesting , partly due to the uncertainty of it .. and partly because of the imaginative creativity you are bestowed with.
And on the other ... it disappoints you, because 'your future' is only as good as your imagination ! ( And if you dont have a good one , you dont have a good future ! )

So I kept a blog of the future where I keep entries which are way ahead of the future and ...wait .. when the future is on you, you update the blog with how true your 'prediction' was . Interesting isnt it ?

A sample blog entry looks like this :




Entry for 2027 January 31
My kid will be 10 years old today.
Written on 2004 April.
Okay my kid will be older than that. ( Looks like I would be too old to make a kid that late )
Modified on 2005 May 12th
I think I would not get married !
Modified on 2007 October 2nd



I thought this would be a great idea :)
See my related post on future on a napkin.

Additional points :

1) Save each entry as "scheduled posts".
2) Subscribe to the blog that you made so that you get an email reminder when that entry is posted. ( eg : You create a blog entry for 6 months in advance and then when it actually posts on that day , you get a mail of what you thought about that day , 6 months ago ! Whoa ! )

No comments:

Post a Comment